Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mercedes Month #1

_

          It's been a blend of many small experiences so far in this intimidating company - and this being my first real job. In the blend are the typical new people you meet at work, the "Good Morning’s" with a mug of coffee/milo in your hand (the only source of heat), while you walk to your ‘workstation’ constantly reminding yourself what day it is, just counting the days before it reaches that elusive Friday all over again, although you have counted it since the moment you woke up.

And I’ve discovered, evidently, many working-class people have problems counting 7 days in a week. Weird.

          Besides the obvious, I’ve been learning about the business, analyzing competition and sales figures, cold calling and driving a few E-classes and S-class around – haven’t yet sat in a C-class and just dying to test the new ‘E’ this year-end! So, everything’s quiet facile at the moment and I'm really just been sailing on calm tides.

Although moments like these are generally short-lived.



_

No comments: